Cuppa and a Chat: Home

lionheart magazine

The lastest copy of Lionheart Magazine landed on my doorstep the other day and I was excited to read in the editors notes that this edition is all about home; what that means, where it is and how it feels.

You see, everything is about to change in our little world – we’re buying a house. Just reading back those words feels surreal and I can’t believe this might actually happen. You know that feeling when you feel so happy and excited, but scared and anxious at the same time? Besides having to remind myself to eat, I’ve not been sleeping very well so the last few days have passed in a blur, a happy blur mind you.

lionheart magazine

home edition of lionheart

lionheart magazine

It is still very early days. We have found a house and our offer has been accepted so most of it is now out of our control until we hear from the valuation/surveyor. I’ve read so many horror stories but I’m hoping that with us currently renting and the owner no longer living in the potential new house, we might be able to do this. We might be able to own our own home. We might live in a 3 bedroom house. We might, at last, be able to get a dog. All of this feels too good to be true right now, so I’m taking each day as it comes and trying not to think of the feature red brick wall in the kitchen that I love so so much! Oh my.

independent magazines in uk

In the meantime, I might be dipping in and out of this blog of mine while I’m trying to stay healthy and focused on the job at hand, I’m sure you understand!

As for Lionheart Magazine, you can order your copy here for £6 and support one of the best independent (and utterly delightful) magazines in the UK.

Follow me on Bloglovin' // Twitter //Instagram // Facebook

This entry was posted in Cuppa and a chat, Hebden Bridge and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Cuppa and a Chat: Home

1. Gwen says:

I bought my first home last year and I was surprised at how much it changed my perspective on a feeling of belonging, and stability – pretty much universally for the better. Fingers crossed that everything goes well!
    Gwen recently posted..Recipe: Sweet French Toast with Maple Syrup & BerriesMy Profile

2. em says:

Exciting times. We’ve just bought our first house and I am so glad the purchasing part of it is over and I can get onto the making pretty part/ There is a LOT of making pretty required. Trust me. I also might order lionheart as I have a growing love for house plants I just know I will kill too easily so that article looks just up my street. x
    em recently posted..‘Volts shock, Amps kill’ or an afternoon at The Neon WorkshopMy Profile

3. janet says:

Oh gosh, the not eating thing takes me back! When I bought my house, from the week before completion to about two weeks after I moved in, I just kept forgetting to eat. All I did was pack and unpack and decorate and build flatpack furniture, and I did it all without ever having a proper meal. I felt terrible by the end of it! So when it all gets going, try and remember to eat once in a while :)
    janet recently posted..List #28: My goals for the futureMy Profile

• Lisa says:

Janet – I had to make myself eat poached eggs this morning rather than just a cup of tea. Need to research healthy and convenient meals I think!

4. I’m so happy for you. I remember when you wrote that the prospect of buying a house seemed so far away. I shall keep my fingers crossed that all goes well, then you can cross being a homeowner off the ‘to do’ list and then maybe start saving up for your VW camper too!! x x
    Michelle – edenfound recently posted..Le Tour de YorkshireMy Profile

5. LISA! That’s so freaking exciting. Hoorah!
    All my fingers crossed for you. Hope it goes smoothly.
    x
    Elizabeth @ Rosalilium recently posted..Giveaway: Vintage Map Wall ChartMy Profile

6. Siobhan says:

So excited for you x
    Siobhan recently posted..Drink Meet TweetMy Profile

7. Cat says:

Wow, your own house! That is exciting. It’s definitely a big dream of mine too, especially since I have a dog and a cat, it can be challenging to rent. I’m looking forward to hearing how it goes!

Cat
    Cat recently posted..High Sierra Music FestivalMy Profile

• Lisa says:

Thank you Cat! We’d love to get a dog but we haven’t been able to in our past rentals. One step at a time though – too nervous to think we might have a dog too! : )

8. Pingback: At Home: Pinterest Inspiration » Mathilde heart Manech |UK lifestyle blogMathilde heart Manech |UK lifestyle blog