- Listen to your body. I’ve kicked back as much as possible lately whilst having a silly cold. It’s hard to let go when you have things to do but I’d rather slow down for a short period than it last months. Thankfully I’m feeling much better this week. Hurrah!
- Buy a new lipstick. I was in Boots the other day and a lady in front of me at the queue was given a coupon for makeup. She looked at it and said “Oh ta, a girl could always do with a new lipstick!”. It’s something my Nanna would have said and I’m missing her a lot lately. So when I’ve next got money to spare (and receive a coupon) I’m going to do the same. A pop of colour cheers the greyest of days.
- Change your environment. Pick a room in your house that you spend most of your time in. Does it make you happy? If not, have a change around. Move the furniture, get rid of clutter (not pretty clutter though, I like pretty clutter) or perhaps try a new scent to fragrance your room (Abode Aroma Diffusers are grand by the way). Changing your environment is an instant happiness maker.
- Be organised. There are never enough hours in a day but there are lists. Making a list each night before I go to sleep helps me get through my daily tasks. I try to keep it achievable so I can always do more if I fancy.
- Do something to make you feel proud. Not wanting to sound like Heather Small but isn’t it nice when you feel proud of someone? How about feeling proud of yourself? Whether it’s completing a project, retraining for a new job or helping an old lady cross the street, feeling proud of yourself is a lovely feeling.
P.S I ran my first solo run yesterday and I am very proud. There. I said it. *Big smiles*