- Pick up a pen and a piece of paper. Write down an ambition you have. Already achieved it or on your way? Give yourself a pat on the back. Not quite there yet? Begin to think and research how you can make it happen (followed by a pat on the back for taking the crucial first step).
- Take 15 minutes out of your day with a cup of your favourite beverage, and write a letter to a friend or family member. It’s also the perfect chance to practice your handwriting (mine is terrible). Buy the latest (issue twelve) Oh Comely magazine with an all-in-one letter and envelope illustrated by the talented Alice Ferrow to help you on your way.
- Wrap up warm and go for a walk around the place you live (post your letter at the same time). Look up, down and all around and see what you can find.
- Listen to a favourite album that you used to played over and over. Turn it up and sing very loudly. My choice? Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me by The Cure.
- Bake something to put in your cake tin – home is inside a cake tin. Indeed it is.